"There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a DETERMINED soul."

I Stand All Amazed

As I drove towards work this morning this was my view:

<!--[endif]-->


I could not help but be inspired by this beautiful morning.  I have recently felt very confused and even depressed about all the wrong I do in my life.  I’ve always know that Christ had suffered for my sins, but during the last few weeks, for many reasons, I felt that I was unworthy to be forgiven.  But luckily the spirit overcomes those feelings and I found my heart extremely full as I drove.  Instead of doubt I felt only the prompting that I could do better and that it would be God’s power that could help me do so. 

I know how that sounds.  But I have truly felt in what has been described by many famous words – “the depths of despair,” “the valley of the shadows of death,” etc.  So to even feel hope and except the warmth of the Gods unfailing and unconditional love was a leap that I could not have made on my own.

Since I was SUPER early I drove not to work, but to the temple grounds.  I seemed to be drawn to the place I knew would be filled with more peace or love then I could feel anywhere else.

<!--[endif]-->


It was SO quiet.  The few people that were there whispered and even though I was in the heart of a busy city it was quieter than home.  I sat at the edge of one of the fountains just looking upwards trying to soak in the moment and memorize every detail. I pulled out my iPod to do a little scripture reading, but first found the last hymn I had gone to and it was perfect.

“I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me, Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.  I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.  Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me!  Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine, To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine, That he should extend his great love unto such as I, Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.  Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me!  Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
I think of he hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt! Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?  No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat, Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet. Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me Enough to die for me!  Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!”

<!--[endif]-->






No comments:

Post a Comment